We meet all Mondays through December 9.
NOTICE: Meeting place moved! We have been moved from the big hall to the downstairs library and conference room. This is the same move that was supposed to happen several weeks ago, but didn't. But it looks like it is for real this time. Please enter the door under the door under the canopy, to the left of the stairs we usually use. This is only for today, we will be back to the big hall from here on.
Location: First Congregational Church, 29 North Main St, Sharon. Enter at the back, parking lot side, at the left ground-floor door.
Doors open at 6pm to get setup and give help to new teams, with a 6:30pm official start.
Teams should let me know what qualifying and scrimmage tournaments they are attendng.
We had 3 robots running last week:
* - Excalibur set the current season record with 345*
Four teams have joined SYRA so far:
FLL, Status, Team Name, Contact
Students Seeking Teams
Notice to parents; it is getting late to expect to get on an existing team. Time to form your own!
Name, Age, Grade, School, Parental Contact
1. If you haven't registered your team with FLL yet, you should focus on that first. Go to the FLL web site to get started.
2. The SYRA team fee is unchanged this year at $100, checks payable to "Jack Gregory". Teams will not be able to run their robots on the SYRA field until dues are paid. This fee covers use of the hall, and use of the SYRA field. The easiest way to register a team with SYRA is to print a team roster from the FLL Team Roster, which will include FLL number, names and contact information, but you can also pick up a form from us.
3. Prospective referees should contact me directly via email, and sign in when they attend a meeting.
Important notice about our meeting place and rules of behavior: We are guests here. We absolutely cannot tolerate the following, and doing so after a warning will get you kicked out:
1. Do not enter any other rooms in the church without permission.
2. Children who need to use the bathroom must be escorted by an adult.
3. Do not make excessive noise; other meetings may be going on in the building.
4. Do not attempt to play in the back playground. It is for day-care use only. Not us.
5. Do not bring food or drink into the hall.
6. Do not run in the hall. Do not play soccer, football, tag, etc. No fun allowed!
Each team is responsible for the behavior of its students. It is not acceptable to merely drop off students without an adult being responsible for them.
If you are getting this email and do not want to, reply to me directly. We also now have a Facebook page, managed by Preeti and Sumit Bannerjee. We will try to keep that up to date with the latest information, as well as our website (below). This is a better option for parents and students who don't need to be on our email list.
Sharon Youth Robotics Association